Over the past 20 years, Cavalor has acquired an international reputation as a world leader in equine nutrition for the high performance horse.
Today, Cavalor products are distributed and consumed in 50 countries. They are used by some of the world’s top show jumpers and also by leading racehorse trainers.
Co Tipperary’s Stack Racing is one of the latest converts to the Cavalor range.
Best known for his success as a jockey on Red Rum, Tommy Stack is based at Thomastown Castle in Cashel, Co Tipperary. Assisted by his son Fozzy, Tommy has enjoyed classic and Royal Ascot success.
“I only want the best for my horses,” he said. “Nutrition is an important factor in the management of horses. I am so excited that Cavalor will support me as well as the wellbeing of my horses.”
We asked Fozzy a few questions about life as a racehorse trainer.
1. My best day’s racing was: Myboycharlie winning the Prix Morny (Group 1) at Deauville. It is a few years ago now but it was a great occasion.
2. The race I would most like to win is (and why): We’d all love to win the classics and the big races but really to maximise all our horses potential is our main aim.
3. The best part of working with horses is: I love being outdoors for a start and I feel most horses are always trying to please.
4. The hardest part of being a trainer is: Getting and giving bad news.
5. Right now I’m looking forward to: The rest of the flat season and watching our horses run.
6. I use Cavalor products because: They are affordable and also reliable. We receive them through Equillence who are the exclusive distributor of Cavalor Horse Supplements in Ireland. They always arrive when we need them and are very easy to deal with.
7. In my spare time I like to: Go to rugby matches.
8. If I didn’t work in racing I would probably: Having grown up in the horse racing industry I’ve never really thought about doing anything else, it’s always been my passion.